(1) During the Fall and Spring, West Fork trail offers nature's beauty at its best. The drive to West Fork on 89A into Oak Creek Canyon is spectacular, noted in several Travel Magazines as most scenic highway. Set aside about 3 hours.
(2) Vultee Arch Trail off Dry Creek Road takes you to a phenomenal natural bridge "Devil's Bridge" made of Red Rock. Breath-taking Red Rock views meet you at the end of Devil's Bridge trail. It's an easy hike, takes about 2 hours total. Pack a snack and water, take a break at end of the trail and listen to the silence.
(3) Boynton Canyon Trail - also off Dry Creek Road. If you don't have the 3-4 hours for the entire hike, simply take the turn-out to Boynton Vista, hike up about 10-15 minutes and sit at the base of Kachina Woman.
|Formation at Devil's Bridge trail|
(2) Looking for a lunch spot? Oak Creek Brewery or Secret Garden in Tlaquepaque. Oak Creek Brewery is our local microbrewery and serves salads, hamburgers and fantastic French Onion soup. Secret Garden also in Tlaquepaque open for breakfast & lunch - great salads & organic food.
(3) Hiro's Sushi at Pinon Shops. Good, fresh food all day long.
(4) Cowboy Club or Silver Saddle - Uptown Sedona. Experience the best of the Wild West: Fried Cactus, great beef, buffalo, full bar, and long wine list. Both restaurants owned by same group. Silver Saddle is the high-end spot.
(5) Cucina Rustica or Dahl & diLuca - West Sedona and Village of Oak Creek. Fantastic authentic Italian. You won't be disappointed.
Favorite Things to Do:
|Patio de Fuente in Tlaquepaque|
(2) Red Rock Bi-plane: Best way to see Sedona from the Air. I've done the hot-air balloon and helicopter. This was my favorite. Biplane website: sedonaairtours.com
|View from Airport Mesa|
(4) If you're visiting more than 4 days, go see the Grand Canyon! About 2 hours from Sedona to the South Rim. Well worth it. The only questionable months for the drive North to South Rim are January & February when snows or icy weather close roads to and from Flagstaff, AZ.
|South Rim - Grand Canyon|
(5) Want a Jeep Tour? Best tour guide in town is Larry Sprague with Earth Wisdom Tours. He's the walking Sedona Encyclopedia providing all type of facts about Sedona and will take you to sacred areas. Book your tour with him, you won't be disappointed. www.earthwisdomtours.com/
Places to Stay - spectacular views, good rooms.
(1) Inn of Sedona - West Sedona ($$)
(2) Sedona Rouge - West Sedona ($$)
|Inn of Sedona|
(4) L'Auberge - Uptown Sedona ($$$$)
(4) Enchantment - in Boynton Canyon ($$$$)
(5) Canyon Villas B&B in Village of Oak Creek
(6) Kokopelli Suites - West Sedona ($$$)
If you're visiting Sedona for 30 days or longer, contact the good folks at Sedona Elite Properties to stay in a comfortable, well-appointed home. www.sedonaeliteproperties.com
Enjoy your Sedona stay!
Robin Amanda - Sedona Spirit Psychic
P.O. Box 20797, Sedona AZ 86341